Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Thank You

Over the last 700 miles I have talked about Trail Angels, trail magic, and all the wonderful folks I have met on the trail.

As I get ready to start hiking to the Sierras, I want to take a moment to thank those people who have supported me the most. My family.

To ALL my family...all your well wishes, support, hugs, and love you have showered upon me has made even the hardest days bearable. When I'm struggling, I stop and let your love wash over me. It renews my energy and keeps me moving forward. That is such a precious gift and I can't imagine hiking this trail without it.

To my brother...thank you for letting me spend my birthday with you, Karen, Austin, and Sammie. While it was a quick visit, it was so nice to enjoy the company of those who I love. Thank you for watching out for me, for wanting to share this hike with me. I know it's hard to watch your little sister hike off into the unknown, but I know you are with me each step of the way.

To my parents. I can't even begin to express how much your support has meant. From joining me at the kick-off, to taking care of me when I needed medical care, to meeting up with me for resupply, to running errands and on and on and on and on....

I know I caught you off guard when I told you my intent to hike the PCT, but you both, despite your extreme reservation about this venture, got on board and became my major supporters. I knew I would hike this trail with or without your support, but now, I can't imagine how I would have done it. If it wasn't for your love and willingness to deal with my iffy scheduling dates, I honestly don't know if I would have made it the first 100 miles.

But I did. And because of your support and love, I made it an additional 600 more.

Now, as I move further away, know that I can do so because of everything you did this first month and a half.

Each and everyone one of you has set me up to win, to hike all 2,650 miles to Canada.

Thank you are just two small words that mean so much.

I have the best family ever!

Love to you all,
Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment