Sunday, September 25, 2011

Congrats to PCT thru-hiker Wired

Over the last few months, I've been reading a blog by Erin (Trail name: Wired). She's from Portland and on September 23rd, reached Monument 78, the offical end of the 2,650 mile Pacific Crest Trail. She's the 5th female to finish the trail this season and the 2nd solo female.

Her daily account of life on the trail, the emotional highs and low, the good, the bad, and the magic that she experianced has kept me grounded while planning my own hike. Her words remind me that this isn't going to be a simple stroll through fields of wildflowers, but a daily test of my mental and physical strength and endurance.

You can read about her entire journey here: Erins PCT Journal

Congrat again Wired on accomplishing an amazing journey!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Kellie! I just happened to see your link as a source for some of those who have visited my blog. I had no idea you had posted this congratulatory shout out. That was very sweet of you and I am so happy that you enjoyed the journal. I wish you the best of luck with your amazing journey and hope to check in on your journal to see how it goes. I've been doing some post trial entries you might like (including a gear review) and will do one at the end of this month on my advice for others planning the hike. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete